Forty-five years ago today, this brief article appeared in The Daily Standard of Sikeston, Missouri recounting a gathering of Grahams. I’m not sure of the occasion – no obvious anniversaries or birthdays were on 19 October 1970, the date of the visit. Maybe they just missed each other’s company.
Monday evening Mr. and Mrs. Albert Graham and family of Harvey, Ill., visited his Uncle Jasper Graham. Others visiting Mr. and Mrs. Jasper Graham were Mr. and Mrs. Blane Rains, of Oran, Denver Graham of Sikeston, Mr. and Mrs. Dempsey Graham and family of Oran.
1. Albert John Graham, son of Jessie Cornelius Graham and Callie Watts, and his wife Mary Ellen Treat, daughter of James Carter Treat and Mary Margaret Watts.
2. I didn’t know that Albert and family lived in Harvey for a time! Now I’ll have to visit the library again to page through the old phone books.
3. John Jasper Graham, Jessie’s brother, and Silas Danner Copeland.
4. Blain Rains and his wife Junia Barnes, daughter of Harmon Barnes and Alcidine Watts.
5. Denver Etridge Graham, son of Jasper and Danner.
6. Dempsey Graham, son of Jasper and Danner, and his wife Lillian Harris.
The Daily Standard (Sikeston, Missouri), “Visits Uncle”, published on Thursday, 22 October 1970. Retrieved from newspapers.com on Tuesday, 20 October 2015.